Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Happy Birthday, 8-Month-Old!



Sure enough, today Raymond turned 8 months old... Wow, seems like yesterday he was a tiny newborn. I'm so amazed that although I do my best to savor every moment with him, time continues to fly!

In case you're wondering, mommyhood fits me very well. I feel I was totally prepared for it and I LOVE it! There is nothing like the love I have for this little man... I never knew this kind of love existed until I had him. I think other parents can totally relate.


Enough with the sappy stuff! What did we do today?

Well, Raymond sat through a ton of 8 mo pictures (taken by mommy)... he visited with mommy's friend Jeanette... we walked all the way to the pet store to get cat food & back... we had a great dinner & talked to daddy on the phone/internet many times... Raymond had a babysitter after he went to bed so that mommy could attend her Spiritual Development Class... and Raymond woke up during
the HUGE Thunder-storm we had at 10pm...
It was a LOUD T-Storm with lots of rain... Raymond's first real storm and it was scary for him to see all the lightning and hear the thunder while alone in his dark room. He cried so sad! So, Raymond & his mommy curled up in a blanket outside on a chair and watched the lightning & trees and listened to the wind, rain & thunder... Raymond just needed a little comfort from mommy (and a little MILK helped, too) before settling back in bed for the night.

No comments: